Lab Technician: Saroj Kumar Sah
1. Instrumentation I Lab
This lab is based on the subject “Instrumentation I” which is taught to second-year students from different departments. There is a total of 6 lab assignments. The lab is about the use of different amplifier circuits, transducers, sensing and measuring devices, digital/analog converters, etc.
- Accuracy test in analog meters
- Operational Amplifiers in Circuits
- Use of Op-amp as a summer, inverter, integrator, and differentiator
- Use resistive, inductive, and capacitive transducers to measure displacement
- Use strain gauge transducers to measure force
- Study of Various transducers for measurement of Angular displacement, Angular Velocity, Pressure and Flow
- Use optical, Hall effect and inductive transducer to measure angular displacement
- Use tacho – generator to measure angular velocity
- Use RTD transducers to measure pressure and flow
- Digital to Analog Conversion
- Perform static testing of D/A converter
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Perform static testing of A/D converter
2. Control Lab
This lab is based on the subject “Control System” which is done by third-year students from different departments. There is a total of 5 labs. Following labs are carried out:
- To study open loop and closed mode for d.c motor and familiarization with different components in D.C motor control module.
- To determine the gain and transfer function of different control system components.
- To study effects of feedback on gain and time constant for closed-loop speed control system and position control system.
- To determine the frequency response of the first-order and second-order systems and to get the transfer function.
Simulation of closed-loop speed control system and position control system and verification
2. Digital Control System Lab
This lab is based on the subject “Digital Control System” which is taught to third-year students from different departments. The lab is entirely Computer-based and MATLAB is used. There are total of 5 lab assignments. Following labs are carried out:
- Study of relay type “ON-OFF” control system
- To familiarize the student about the feedback control system with an ON/OFF control
- Z – transform using MATLAB
- To learn the application of MATLAB to convert the s-domain transfer function into z-domain
- To study the effects in transient response and frequency response of different methods and sampling time used in the z- Transfer function.
- Stability analysis of the closed-loop system in z-plane
- To learn the application of MATLAB to test the stability of a system in z-domain
- A simulation study using Simulink of MATLAB
- To Familiarize with MATLAB Simulation
- To study simulation of discrete-time control system
- Position control system through analog interfacing
- To learn the use of analog interfacing techniques to control the position of the motor in the DC Motor module